“The Comfort Zone”. A place where most of the population sooner or later finds themselves settling into: whether it be settling into a job, a relationship or a way of life. The Comfort Zone is beneficial to humans and a necessity. However, it is also something that can greatly hinder growth.
The Comfort Zone is necessary for humans because in a world full of stress and struggles we all need comfort. A place where we can escape life for a little, rest and feel satisfied. Unfortunately with humans being creatures of habit, much of today’s society falls too deeply into their own Comfort Zones.
When resting in a Comfort Zone becomes too much of a habit, humans become stagnant. Their desire for growth diminishes. They start to become satisfied with what they have rather than striving to achieve what they want.
For Example: Many people from personal encounters constantly complain about their struggles with work. Either they work too much, get paid too little or any combination of the two.
In my experience, it is these same people who after work and during the weekend choose to waste time relaxing or enjoying themselves. During their only free time they make no effort to better their position. They choose week after week to fall into their Comfort Zones and ignore the reality that they are situated in.
Don’t get me wrong; relaxing after work and on the weekend is a good, well-deserved thing. However, if you aren’t satisfied with the current situation of your life, you’re the only one to blame if you are wasting all your free time relaxing instead of working to improve your situation.
Comfort Zones are easy routes to satisfaction but satisfaction is only temporary. It is the reward after a struggle that satisfies us. Remember, strength grows out of resistance and struggle. If you are not satisfied with your life right now, break out of your Comfort Zones and start chasing the things you want. You may be surprised to the greatness you can achieve.
Life is a balancing game.
Three categories that a person should seek to keep in balance are health, career and social life. Keeping each of these three categories in balance is ideal for success. For each major category, there are two sub-categories:
- Diet: You must fuel your body properly in order for it to function properly. A planned and consistent diet are very important to maintain high energy levels. Choose which diet best fits the lifestyle you want to live, set up a schedule on when you plan to eat and consistently follow your schedule! (–>Build your own Diet Plan Here <–)
- Exercise: Your body is a living machine, don’t let it rust from long periods of time being stagnant! Find ANY exercise that best fits your lifestyle and stick to a consistent schedule. Exercising your body is very important to maintaining health and high energy levels. It can range from lifting weights, to participating in sports, to walking and taking hikes (–> Figure out your Workout Here <–) or (–> Here <–)
- Financial Security: Situate yourself into a comfortable financial situation. Get yourself to the point where if you lost your job tomorrow, you would have enough money saved to hold you over until you find your next job. Work hard and save, money doesn’t buy happiness but it ensures freedom and freedom can make you quite happy. Build that nest egg!
- Passion: Work always on something that you are passionate about. Passion fuels energy levels and with high energy levels great things can be accomplished. Even if your main line of work isn’t something you’re passionate about, find a hobby that you are passionate about on the side. You may be surprised at how much your energy levels increase and doors for the future begin to open.
- Family/Friends: Embrace the relationships with your family and friends. With family and friends, you will have support during tough times, you will also have happiness and laughter during good times.
- Community: Always try and give back to your community even if its helping one random person a day who is in need of help. Humans are social beings and needs to socialize with others. Try to give back to your community, you never know what good deeds could in turn help others and make you feel good about yourself!